Sunday, March 28, 2010

Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes

So this may be a no brainer for most people, but it was something I had never made before, and it actually turned out to be pretty good and it was really fast and easy which is always a big plus for me.

For dinner today I had planned on having baked potatoes. They however were not cooperating, and were taking forever to bake and I just did not have that kind of time! So my initial thought was to just make them into twice baked potatoes.

Well that idea also didn't pan out, because I realized that I had wrapped the potatoes in tinfoil to bake them, so the skins were not going to be crispy like they needed to be. I decided then to just make them into mashed potatoes but Chris came up with an even better idea. Twice Baked Mashed Potatoes.

I took the 3/4 baked potatoes and cut them up into pieces with the skins still on them. I put them in a bowl and then added butter, milk, salt and cheese. I then mixed it all up together and served them with bacon bits on top. My kids LOVED them and Chris and I thought they were yummy too.

I'm not exactly sure how well I liked having the skins in my mashed potatoes, I am kind of picky about my mashed potatoes so if I make them again, which according to my kids I will, I may leave them out next time, but other than that it was really fast, and really easy and whenever my entire family eats something, I can happily say it was also a success!

5 comments:

Megan said...

I have made your mom's twice baked potatoes many times over the years....twice baked MASHED potatoes I'll have to try...it's funny because I am a HUGE potato fan...and my kids are kind of 'meh' about the whole thing...they prefer rice or noodles...I'm excited to post some new recipes here...stay tuned! ~Megs

anilkumart said...

I really like your blog it's really nice. I really enjoy here. & Your article its so unique its amazing. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.
trademark law in india
trademark litigation
patent searches
patent filing
patent attorney

devid john said...

Download captain america 2 : www.captainamerica2thewintersoldier.com/

bba admission said...

Nice Blog!!! Keep writing for our information and You can even offer students bba admission and bba admission in india.you must check it now.

MGC JOBS said...

Best Whishes for you.....
Best Online Directory Chek This know more.
For get Free job Alert On your mobile Register here.
Jobs in Kerala
Jobs in India
Part time Jobs
School contact Numbers
Police Aid Post Contact Numbers
Free Online Directory
Free online Jobs
Thank you.