Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blender Salsa

First of all, am I the only one that is still posting recipes? C'mon, you guys, get with the program! OK, hopefully the rest of you will start posting soon because I'd love to get some more good recipes from all of you. This is a delicious, healthy (unless you gobble it down with tortilla chips like me), easy, and inexpensive salsa. I found this recipe from a food blog that I love called Real Mom Kitchen. I couldn't fine diced tomatoes with jalapenos, so I just used a can of diced tomatoes and then bought a small can of diced jalapenos and put in a small spoonful of jalapenos. It worked out well because then you can adjust the spicy-ness. Anyway, I've made it twice in one week because Jason and I can't stop eating it. It's delish. And it's even better on the second day. So enjoy...and then post a recipe for me :) Blender Salsa
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/4 white onion, chopped
14 oz can diced tomatoes with jalepenos
1/2 c cilantro leaves
juice of one lime or lemon
salt, to taste

Combine ingredients in blender in order listed. Puree until it reaches desired consistency. I like mine with a little chunk to it, so I put in half the can of tomatoes and then pureed everything. Then I put in the other half and pulsed it just a few times so I could have some chunks of tomato.

5 comments:

Megan said...

I helped organize a fun enrichment activity called "Spice up your marriage" and we shared Salsa recipes...and talked about intimacy and stuff...it was really fun! This sounds great! I'm sorry I'm not posting...I have not really been eating anything except for peanut butter, and mandarin oranges...oh...and coffee...maybe that's why I feel crappy...:-)

Natalee said...

Mmmmm! That DOES sound good! :) I will look for some more recipes to post, but really Bops, none of mine EVER compare to yours, and so I always feel really dumb. My only "good recipes" all came from you!

Natalee said...

I made this today for kind of a Cinco De Mayo treat. It was really good, and not just easy, but FAST! Thanks Bops!

Danna said...

We made this over the weekend too, and it was yummy! It was gone in about the time it took to make it (fast)!

Anonymous said...

I love RealMom kitchen too! I saw that recipe there also and once I saw all of the reviews I had to try it for myself. It was really good....definitely will be making it again.