Friday, May 8, 2009

Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken

I found this recipe earlier this week while perusing other food blogs.  It sounded tasty, so I gave it a try last night.  I love crock pot recipes that take little preparation, and I had all the ingredients on hand.  It was simple, yummy, and my all 3 of my kids ate it (hooray!), so I am passing it on.   Definitely a keeper.  



4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves 

1 (18 oz.) bottle of barbecue sauce

1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing

1/4 cup brown sugar

2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce



Place chicken in crock pot. In a bowl mix 2/3 of the bottle of barbecue sauce, Italian Salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low.  Remove chicken from crock pot. Pour juices from crock pot into a large bowl. Shred chicken and place back in crock pot. Add remaining 1/3 of bottle barbecue sauce to chicken and mix. Then add some of the liquid removed from the crock pot to make the chicken the wetness that you like it. Makes at least 8 sandwiches.

No comments: