Friday, May 8, 2009

Spinach Salad

This is a recipe I got from my mom, and it is our family's favorite.  Anytime I need to bring a salad to something, I bring this one.  It is always a hit.  I am making it for our Mother's Day dinner on Sunday, so I thought I would post it before then in case any of you need a new side dish to serve to your mom.  She won't be disappointed.  :)  This recipe does make a large salad. When I am making it, I usually just wing the salad ingredients - putting in the amount I need for the size of group I am serving.  

Toss together:

1 large bunch spinach

1 head lettace

1/2 purple onion

3/4  lb mushrooms sliced

3/4 lb bacon fried crisp and crumbled (no shortcuts w/ bacon bits)

3/4 lb swiss cheese grated


Dressing (pour in just before serving)

3/4 C. oil

1/3 C. vinegar

1/3 C. sugar

3/4 tbsp. poppyseeds

3/4 tsp. salt

1/3 tsp dry mustard


1 comment:

Natalee said...

hmmmm I forgot about this one. :) I'll have to try it again. It is a good one.