Sunday, October 19, 2008

Halloweenies with Mustard Dip



1 can (8oz) Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
44 coctail size smoked link sausages from a 1 lb package
1/2 c dijon mustard
1T dried oregano leaves

Heat oven to 375. Line two 15X10X1 inch pans with cooking parchment paper. (I didn't do this I just did it on an ungreased cookie sheet...)

On work surface, roll dough sheet out to 14X11 inch rectangle. Cut vertically to make two 11X7 inch rectangles. Cut crosswise into total of 44 (7 1/2 inch) strips. Pat sausages dry with paper towels.

Wrap 1 strip of dough around each sausage to look like a little mummy: Press firmly at each end to secure. Place on cookie sheet 2 inches apart for even browning.

Bake 15 to 20 min or until golden brown. Meanwhile in small bowl mix mustard and oregano. Serve sausages warm with mustard dip.

My lazy variation...I couldn't find the Crescent Recipe Creations so I just used the Crescent Rolls and pinched together the places it was separated or pre-cut. Then I didn't roll it out or anything, I just used a pizza cutter and made long strips out of the rectangle of dough. I wrapped each hotdog with the dough strips and baked them at 400 for about 8 minutes. (until the dough turned brown) Wow! They were totally a hit, and so easy to make!! The ones above look like they would be fun appetizers though!!

1 comment:

The Zieglers said...

I actually hade these a few weeks ago when I hosted Bunko at my house! They were really cute and my kids ate all the left overs!