Saturday, October 25, 2008

Chicken Pot Pie

I got this recipe when I got married from one of my friends. I am usually not a Chicken Pot Pie fan, but I had heard good things about this recipe so we tried it. It actually was a hit at my house, and it was really easy to make.

Ingredients:

1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
1/3 cup onion
1/4tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
1 can chicken broth
2/3 cup milk
2 can's shredded chicken
1 pkg frozen peas/carrots
2 frozen pie crusts

Directions:

Melt butter. Add flour, onion, salt & pepper. Mix together. Remove from heat when it is a paste. Add chicken broth and milk. Return to heat and boil for 1 min. Add chicken and veggies. Pour mixture in crust put other crust on top. Pinch edges and bake @ 425 for 30 min.

1 comment:

Danna said...

I did not know about this recipe blog that you and Meg had going. You don't tell me anything. :) I will have to check back often for ideas! Looks like a lot of good ones. I am always up for something new (and easy!)