Sunday, November 2, 2008

Minestrone Soup

Natalee invited me to contribute my recipes, so here is one of our favorite fall meals. I got this "recipe" from my mom, and it is so easy, I don't think it can even be called a recipe. But, that is my kind of meal! So here it is:

1 package Bear Creek Minestrone Soup Mix
1 lb. Italian Sausage
Frozen Carrots

Cook the soup according to the package directions, but add desired amount carrots when it starts to boil. Cook Italian Sausage and add to soup and cook a few more minutes. Turn the heat off, cover pot with the lid, and let it sit for about an hour. Serve and enjoy a meal that everyone will think you slaved over!


Seriously, this is Brady's favorite soup. When I have guests for dinner and offer several different soups, this one is that one that everyone always wants the "recipe" for, instead of the soups I slaved over. So, try it and see what you think.

2 comments:

Megan said...

YAY! I've been waiting for you guys to contribute...and your mom has been telling me about this soup for a LONG time...I guess I need to buy some! I was just at Costco today!?!?

Natalee said...

I'm glad you joined our little blog D! That's actually a recipe of mom's I don't have. I'll have to try it. I love having people think I "slaved" over something. :)