Sunday, November 9, 2008

We're trying recipes!

Just wanted to let everyone know that for dinner today we had Natalee's Cream Cheese Chicken and for dessert Bethany's pumpkin bars.  Both were delicious!  I highly recommend them.  FYI: For the chicken, I used fat-free cream cheese and the 98% fat free cream of chicken soup, and it was great!  If I hadn't been the cook, I would have never known that it was "reduced calorie."  Now tomorrow, it is Megan's Sticky Chicken.  Can't wait!  Thanks for all the great recipes.  It is making me excited about cooking again. 

6 comments:

Megan said...

The problem with the Crock Pot...is that I have to start early...I'm doin it tomorrow! This was the one I wanted to try today!!! YES...the sticky chicken is good, and EASY! and if you have it with white rice...everyone will love you even more!!! Ok...I'm going to bed....I'm hungry tho...I love our blog you guys!!! I'm so excited to try all the soups!!! AND I have my favorite Thanksgiving recipe...I'll share...and you HAVE to make it, because it's so cool...Tomorrow I'll post! xoxoxo Megi

Natalee said...

YAY! I'm so glad you tried it, and even more glad that you liked it. I'm totally going to do the fat free when I make it this week too! That's a great idea! I too am trying recipes this week. I have my grocery list all ready to go for tomorrow, and I can't wait! I think this may be the first time ever that I've been excited about grocery shopping and cooking too! Good job girls! Maybe there is hope for my Betty Crocker wanna be self after all!?

Danna said...

So, last night we had Megan's sticky chicken, and it was a hit! Get ready for this: ALL my children liked it. That is a RARE occurrence, especially if the meal is anything more than noodles with butter. We will definitely be making it again. Thanks Megan!

Natalee said...

I made Danna's Poppy seed sandwiches today for dinner and we all thought they were great! Thanks D, and Cogratulations on the sticky chicken meal!

Danna said...

Good! I'm so glad you liked them!

Anonymous said...

I made the banana bread tonight with shortening instead of butter so Mason could have it, and it was delicious! The brown sugar and cinnamon topping was a nice touch :)