Friday, November 7, 2008

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing

This is a really yummy fall treat. I've made it several times for parties and people always ask me for the recipe. I like these even better when they're served chilled, but they're pretty tasty either way.

Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
2 c flour
1 1/2 c sugar
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cloves
4 beaten eggs
15 oz can of pumpkin
1 c oil

In a large mixing bowl stir flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, soda, salt, and cloves. Stir in eggs, oil and pumpkin until combined. Spread in ungreased 15x10x1 pan. Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins. Cool for at least 2 hrs on wire rack and then frost.

Cream Cheese Icing
6 oz cream cheese
6 Tbsp butter
2 tsp vanilla
3 c powdered sugar

Beat together cream cheese and butter. Add vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar.

4 comments:

Danna said...

I'm glad you joined Bop! I love pumpkin bars. I will have to give your recipe a try. They sound delicious!

Natalee said...

Yay Bops! I am excited that you put some recipes up. These sound really good! I'll have to give them a try. Sounds like a fun "Fall treat".

Megan said...

YUM! I'm so glad you are back on line! I LOVE pumpkin recipes...and Cream Cheese icing is my favorite! I'm so hungry now...and I have to go grocery shopping...crimeny...I hate grocery shopping when I'm hungry...

Megan said...

I made these for Mattie's birthday cake and they were such a hit! Thanks!