Monday, November 3, 2008

Banana Bread

This is my mom's recipe, and it is always a hit for me!  You'll have to try it, Megan, and let me know what you think.  The topping is what makes it so yummy!

Cream together:
3 large bananas
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg

Dry Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Topping:
Brown sugar & cinnamon (as desired)

Cream together bananas, sugar, butter and eggs.  Mix dry ingredients and add.  Mix well.  Pour into two loaf pans.  Sprinkle tops generously with brown sugar and cinnamon.  Bake at 350 for 1 hour (or until toothpick comes out clean).

5 comments:

Natalee said...

This was the recipe I had too, and it is good. It's the one my mom always made when we were little. I like the topping the best I think. :)

Megan said...

Thanks! I'm going to try it! Maybe I'll post a picture!!! LOL...

Fara said...

I love this banana bread. I make it and share it with friends and they always love it. William especially loves it without nuts. I thought I would check out your blog I saw you commented on Tonya's. Hope everything is treating you well.

Anonymous said...

So, I know that Natalee and Megan don't really know me, but I found this site through Danna's blog. Thanks for sharing some yummy recipes girls! I love to cook, and my hubby will be really grateful :)

Natalee said...

I do TOO know you Diana! You and Danna have been too good of friends for too long for me not to! :) It was fun to see your cute little family! I'm glad you came to our blog! There are tons of fun recipe's here, I hope you find some Zack will like!