Monday, November 24, 2008

Peanut Butter Pie

OK D...this seriously is about the easiest pie on the planet to make. There really is no recipe to it, so I feel a little silly even posting it. Mom used to make this with meringue on the top but I have never been a successful meringue maker so I just put whipped cream on the top, it's good either way. :)

Ingredients:

1/2 c. peanut butter
3/4 c. powdered sugar
Vanilla pudding

Directions:

With a pastry blender blend peanut butter and powdered sugar together. You can add more powdered sugar if you need to, but the peanut butter should be crumbly and no longer be sticky. It almost forms into tiny balls.

In the bottom of a baked pie crust sprinkle a generous amount of your peanut butter mixture on the bottom. Next pour vanilla pudding on top of the peanut butter mixture. I just use the Jell-O brand Vanilla pudding that you cook. I buy the big package. If you are going to do meringue, this is where you would top with meringue and then sprinkle the rest of the peanut butter mixture on top. If you are going to do whip cream, you obviously skip this step.

Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes. Once the pie is cool, I instead add whip cream and top with the rest of the peanut butter mixture.

See...Easy as PIE! :)

2 comments:

Danna said...

Thanks! I have never had this recipe. I am going to make it this year. I'm glad it is easy!

Megan said...

I was reading this to my mom and she about died! I have to post a cake that is her favorite that Jolie Miller made for one of her classes...it is chocolate and has this supper yummy peanut butter frosting...and you know what we call it? That's right...Jolie Cake!! =)