Monday, November 17, 2008

Some Ideas for Danna...

My friend Jamie posted what looked like a healthy recipe. Click here for it.

and try the pan fried chicken with tarragon...from this post I did a while back. It had too much garlic, but...the tarragon was a spice I hadn't really used before, and I liked it! Click HERE for that post. The orange cornmeal pancakes were good too. (Just scroll down...the recipes are towards the bottom.)

I made the pumpkin bars! And they were such a hit! Mattie had it as his birthday cake! I can't wait to get the Oreo recipe!! I just gagged down a bunch of plain yogurt, and cottage cheese. Ick! I'm on a mostly protein diet, and it's killing me!

8 comments:

Danna said...

Thanks for the ideas Meg! Very helpful. And, I loved the photo of you in your prom dress. LOL. Cic and I found Nat's old prom dress last time I was home (the way short pink one with the puffy sleeves, remember?) We both tried it on, but sadly, neither of us could quite zip it.

Danna said...

oh, and Megan, why are you on a protein diet anyway? I though you lost all your weight...

Megan said...

I did...but I'm trying to build muscle to change my metabolism...and MAINTAIN. My trainer (the guy with the abs...at the top...lol) went to a conference and learned about a new diet. 1500 Calories per day, and you must eat your weight in grams of protein...and that's pretty tough, but I'm not hungry...I can have carbs in the morning...whole grain, but no carbs after 12...but lots of veggies. anyway, it's working. It's weird...I feel stronger! Did you see my pull-up? It made me happy!

Megan said...

Oh...and I would never be able to fit into Nati's prom dresses...EVER. And...if you look at the pictures, they were practically baggy on her. I loved her pink dress...we got it at My Favorite Things...I think!

Natalee said...

Yes...the good old days when I was so skinny and little. :( What happend to me?? I need to get back on track and wear that stupid dress again!

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with healthy recipes, but I made the Cafe Rio chicken tonight, and it was amazing! YUMMY! Thanks D!

Danna said...

Yay! I am so glad you made it and liked it D! I love it when other people try my stuff and think it is good. It's easy too, huh?

Bethany said...

I made Megan's recipe that she suggested, the Capellini Caprese. You guys, it is sooo yummy. Jason LOVED it. He had 3 servings. Plus it's easy, quick and fairly healthy. It's another keeper, Meg. Thanks for sharing!