Friday, November 7, 2008

Cheesy Potato Soup (Crockpot)

Last year we had an enrichment where you were supposed to bring a crockpot dish to share with everyone, and then you were all supposed to vote for your favorite one. So, I found this recipe online and brought it. Well, I don't mean to brag or anything, but I definitely won. My prize was a ladle, and everytime I use it I think about my glorious win :) This is another good fall/winter meal. I love using my crockpot when it's cold outside.

Cheesy Potato Soup
1 bag of southern style hashbrowns (the ones that are in cubes), or 6 c. diced, peeled potatoes
5 c. water
2 c. diced onions (I actually only do about one cup)
1/2 c. diced celery (I don't do the celery)
1/2 c. chopped carrots
4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/4 tsp pepper
2 c. cooked, diced ham (I just buy one of those packages of hormel cubed ham)
12 oz can evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. cubed velveeta

Combine all ingredients except milk and cheese in the the crockpot. Cook on low 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Stir in milk and cheese until cheese melts. This is really good with a fresh batch of Rhodes Rolls.

3 comments:

Natalee said...

Oh I LOVE soup in the winter time, and soup in the crockpot is my favorite. I don't have to think too hard about dinner! Congratulations on the win! You are quite the little Betty Crocker. :)

Megan said...

I love Rhodes Rolls...and Cheese...and recipes...

Danna said...

Mmmm... that sounds good! I will definitely be trying this. I love the crock pot! One of us has to post cheesy chicken chowder too. Another yummy, cheesy soup. This sounds kind of similar but with ham...