Thursday, November 6, 2008

Poppy seed Ham and Swiss Sandwiches

My mother in law makes these, and they are so good!  They are perfect on a cold day, especially with your favorite soup.

1 package dinner rolls (I like the ones from Safeway - but if you don't have that store, any SOFT dinner roll would do.  Costco rolls are good too.  
Deli Ham
Swiss Cheese
Mayo

Assemble sandwiches by spreading mayo on the roll, then adding the ham and cheese.  Line assembled sandwiches on a cookie sheet.  

Sauce:  Mix the following together
1 stick butter (melted)
1 tsp. worcestershire sauce
1-2 tbsp. poppy seeds (can eyeball it, depending on how much you like)
2 tsp. deli mustard (again, adjust this depending on your liking.) 

Spoon sauce over top of sandwiches.  Let sit 30 minutes.  Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.  This recipe is for about a dozen sandwiches, but it really depends on much sauce you want on each roll.  I usually make it go farther... but they are better (and more fattening) with more sauce. :)   

6 comments:

Natalee said...

Oh those sound GOOD! I think I'll be trying those in the next couple of days! :) You really do have some GOOD recipes. I'm glad you have joined our little blog.

Megan said...

This sounds really yummy! And I really like the name...'POOPY'seed lol...that cracks me up! Don't change it!

Danna said...

Sorry, I had to fix the "poopy seed." I just couldn't have anyone thinking that my recipe had anything to do with poop. :)

Natalee said...

Hahaha leave it to Megan to find the spelling error! I didn't even notice...I'm not sure what that says about me. :(

Bethany said...

I'm glad you put this one up. I was going to ask you to post it, and you must've read my mind. I'm so excited to do my grocery shopping on Monday because now I've got all these recipes I'm going to try.

Megan said...

Dang it danna...it was funny!