Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Oh...NO! I totally messed up!

Danna!?! What did I do wrong? These were more complicated than I thought...my kids called them 'crap' balls...lol...but they liked them...

So...I think I went wrong with the almond bark. I got Heath Bar Toffee pieces....and they didn't melt well at all!!! What is almond bark?...and what's the deal with melting chocolate? Maybe I did it at too high a temp...but anyway, I thought everyone would enjoy my failure pics...these tasted good!!! But looked BAD...lol! Happy Thanksgiving all! Bethany...that chicken looks SO delicious! Kirk said, "That's not a professional pic?"..."How did she do that?" anyway...I tried!! Hopefully Thanksgiving will be better...



4 comments:

Danna said...

Oh my gosh, Megan! That is so funny! Almond bark is basically a substitute for white chocolate - but it is a little easier to work with - not so touchy when melting. You can find it in the baking aisle usually near the chocolate. It comes in large squares. You could use white chocolate instead, and it would taste just the same. Yes, when melting chocolate, you have to be careful. I do it on the stove so I can stir and monitor the whole time. As soon as it is glossy, take it off the heat. If you over cook it, it will become lumpy and gross and start to harden again. So, now you have to try making these again so they won't look like poop. :)

Natalee said...

Too funny! :) At least they tasted good. ha ha

Megan said...

Mattie...when eating my pie tonight said, and this is a direct quote...to Joey (when he thought I wasn't listening)"Joey, you HAVE to try this. It's SO good! Mom always makes things that taste really good but look really bad!?" Thanks for the info...I'll try again!

Danna said...

Judging by the lack of posts from all of us, I am assuming we are all really busy getting ready for Christmas. I haven't been making anything too exciting - certainly nothing new to post. But, I did want to tell you all that I tried Bop's chicken parmesan and it was SO good and easy! I didn't bread the chicken and I used whole wheat pasta, so it was even healthy. Thanks Bop! A definite keeper.