Monday, January 12, 2009

Peeling Mushrooms..."it's a good thing"...lol!




You guys!!! I'm so sorry about that last post! It appears to have driven everyone away from posting recipes...I'll try to burry it with something I learned at a cooking class I took with one of my friends here...

I have always disliked mushrooms, period. I just didn't like them, UNTIL...last year when I learned a little trick! Who knew you were supposed to peel them? Not I! Anyway, here are some pics of how to do it, and it's quite satisfying! I'm not sure they taste any different...they just seem more 'pure' to me, and the little mind trick worked! I've been enjoying trying mushrooms in things recently!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I never knew! I'm definitely going to start peeling. Thanks for the good info :)

The Zieglers said...

I HATED mushrooms and refused to eat them until I married a chef! I really like mushrooms now! I guess it's all in how their cooked! A little fresh garlic sauted in olive oil...mmmm!

Danna said...

I actually tried doing that after you mentioned it in a comment awhile back. And, it worked. I had never heard of it before, but they mushrooms do seem cleaner after they are peeled. Thanks!