Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Chicken and Broccoli Casserole



OK, so no one seems to be posting recipes, and I'm sure you are all tired of my pictures of Bethany's things that I have tried. So I will go ahead and post what I made for dinner tonight. It's not very exciting, but it's at least a "new" recipe. You all my have it, it's one of my mom's, but it's a good one, and quick.


Ingredients:

1 Chicken- cooked
1 lg. bunch of broccoli, cut in pieces
and cooked al dente. (I just use a bag of
frozen broccoli florets, it's faster)
1 tsp. lemon juice
buttered bread crumbs
1 c. long grained rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/4 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese


Directions:

Save 3 plus c. broth from chicken. Add salt and cook rice in broth till tender. Put in bottom of buttered casserole dish. Top with chicken pieces, then broccoli. Combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice, cheese, some milk. Pour over broccoli. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Top with crumbs.

1 comment:

Danna said...

I have been neglecting the blog lately. Sorry. We have been trying to eat healthy, which has meant lots of salads for dinner. I haven't made anything new or exciting in awhile. Maybe I will post some of my favorite salads. Bops, the recipes you posted look good, and chicken broccoli salad is always tasty!