Tuesday, January 20, 2009

And the winner is.....



So I tried Boppy's Alfredo. I was a little frustrated with it, because I couldn't get it to thicken. I called Boppy and we decided that the pan I was using was too small, and it just took a long time to thicken! When I say long...I mean like 15 minutes! So my suggestion to you...don't use a small pan!

I also sauteed shrimp in butter and garlic because it was on sale, and ended up being the same price as chicken, so I decided to be "gourmet". ha ha

Anyway...I would venture to say that although really really rich, it is a better tasting Alfredo sauce. I think this has more of an Alfredo taste, where as Mom's is more creamy tasting.

So mine does not look as professional as Boppy's. I put the noodles in the sauce instead of pouring the sauce over the top of it. I was desperate to try and get it to thicken! It tasted better then it looked.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Way to be tryin stuff Nati! I can barely drag myself to the grocery store...and when I do, I'm so ADD I can't figure out what I want...The shrimp sounds great!

Bethany said...

Oh I'm so glad it turned out! It looks so good. I LOVE shrimp. i would totally make it with shrimp if Jason didn't gag at the sight of it :( It is really rich, huh? But I love rich. Mom's is probably better if you're counting calories, but mine is better tasting :)

Natalee said...

Jason hates shrimp too!?!?! Oh that boy!

Yeah, don't make this if you are counting calories. You will have eaten your calories for the week! Which is why I won't be making it again for awhile. ha ha