Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yummy Alfredo

This is the best alfredo sauce you'll ever make...I can almost guarantee it. I made this a few months ago for the missionaries and one of the elders said, and I quote, "Sister Jenks, this is seriously the best alfredo I've ever had." Then the other one said, "Yeah, and these are like the best peas I've ever had too." To which I responded, "Thanks. The sauce is easy and the peas are just the petite frozen ones." He was all excited about frozen peas. He'd been eating the nasty canned ones. Yuck...no wonder he thought my peas were so good. Anyway, the peas kind of ended up stealing the show. But this alfredo is seriously good. You should try it sometime when you feel like splurging. :) 2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 cup butter
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/4 c. milk
1 1/2 c shredded parmesan (the real kind that you buy in the refrigerated section - not the grated kraft stuff)
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Melt butter and add garlic. Cook garlic until light brown. Add cream and milk. Stir until bubbly then add parmesan and salt and pepper. Stir on med-hi until cheese is melted and sauce thickens. I like to add some thinly sliced chicken breast, but it's also good just plain. It makes enough to cover about one regular sized box of fettucine noodles.

4 comments:

Natalee said...

I'm gonna try this one too! I have always just used Mom's recipe which I like too, but this one sounds really good. I'll have to see which one is the favorite. ha ha

Bethany said...

Don't tell mom, but mine's better ;)

Natalee said...

hahaha My lips are sealed! :)

Megan said...

The peas thing is really funny! Kirk had never had frozen peas either...when we first got married, and he thought I was totally a weirdo to say that 'peas' were my favorite veggie! lol...no wonder...canned peas, ick! Thank you so much for posting some recipes! I'm so hungry! I love Alfredo, and ha! I too have always used Lynn's recipe...we shall see Jenksypants!;-)