Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BBQ Chicken Pizza

I love a good pizza. This is one of my favorites. It's different and delicious. I usually use a loaf of rhodes dough that has risen all day. But if you don't have time for that, my sister-in-law likes the pilsbury crusts, but I've actually never tried them. Or if you're really ambitious you could always make it from scratch, I guess. Anyway, here's my recipe. 1 pizza crust
1 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1/2 c. of your favorite BBQ sauce
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 1/2 c mozzerella cheese (I think I use more than that)
1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped

Prebake crust in 425 oven for about 5 mins (this is optional, but I always do it because I hate doughy crust). Combine shredded chicken, cilantro, onion, and BBQ. Spread on top of crust. Add more sauce if you want to (I usually do). Top with cheese and bake at 425 until desired doneness - mine's usually in for about 15-20 mins.

5 comments:

Korbi said...

is doneness a word? :)

Natalee said...

Wow Bops! That sounds really good! I may have to try it this week! :) What is your favorite BBQ sauce. I'm not much of a BBQ sauce expert.

Bethany said...

If they sell Famous Dave's at your store then buy that, but if not I also like Cattleman's. It's easier to find. Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

Natalee said...

Thanks Bops, that helps! :)

Megan said...

Yum! We really need to change it up in the pizza department! I totally think my kids and Kirk will love this! ~Meg