Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Southwest Chicken Salad

I have not posted in a long time.  I haven't done much blogging or cooking lately.  We have been trying to eat healthy the last couple months, which has meant a lot of salads in our house.  This one is a favorite.  I make it more than I should, but it is healthy, yummy, and easy.

Directions:

Marinate enough chicken breasts for your family in your favorite BBQ sauce (we like Sweet Baby Rays.)  If you have a couple hours to marinate, that is great, but even if you just brush it on before baking, you will still get the flavor.  Bake chicken according to package directions.  

Assemble a salad using the following ingredients:
   romaine lettuce
   diced tomatoes
   diced avocado
   black beans
   shredded mexican blend cheese
   BBQ chicken (once it is baked, dice it up and toss it in)
   Top with crushed Chili Cheese Fritos or tortilla strips

For the dressing, mix together:
1/2 cup salsa (we like Pace)
1/2 sour cream (I use fat free)
2 TBSP taco seasoning

This is a tasty, fresh meal, and you don't even feel like you are depriving yourself.  
 

1 comment:

Bethany said...

mmmm...that looks so good. I'll have to try that one.