Friday, February 27, 2009

Buffalo Chicken Dip



I was asked to bring an appetizer to our ward Enrichment Night activity. I had NO IDEA what to make. I've never really made appetizers before.

So I went through some of my magazines and cookbooks and I found this recipe. It was really easy, and I had lots of compliments on it. It's a little spicy, so beware if you don't like spicy.

Ingredients

1 Package 8 oz Cream Cheese cubed

1 1/2 C. finely chopped cooked chicken

1/2 cup Blue Cheese Dressing (I used Kraft Roka Blue Cheese)

1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce

2 stalks celery, finely chopped

Directions

Mix all ingredients in medium microwaveable bowl. Microwave on High for about 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is heated through, stirring after 3 mins. (Mine took closer to 7 or 8 minutes before the cream cheese had melted all the way.)

Serve hot with Wheat Thins Crackers or celery sticks. I served mine with Wheat Thins, but I actually think I might have liked the celery sticks better.

2 comments:

The Zieglers said...

I'll have to test this one! Looks really good!

Bethany said...

That sounds sooo good. I'm always getting asked to bring an appetizer so I'll have to put that one in my file. Cute serving tray too. :)