Friday, September 19, 2008

Beef Stroganoff

My mom made this recipe a few years ago when we went to visit them one weekend. It is a great dinner for a cold winter day!!


In a dutch oven, mix:

1 1/2 pounds stew meat
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 envelope dry onion soup mix
1/3 cup of water

Cover with foil and bake at 275 degrees for 3-4 hours.

Right before serving, stir in 1/2 cup sour cream.

Serve over noodles or mashed potatoes


****I have also made this recipe in a crockpot. ( Really I prefer to make it in the crockpot) The only difference is I brown the stew meat before I put it in the crockpot. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the sour cream. I cook it on low all day. Way Yummy. A fantastic fix it and forget about it meal!

2 comments:

Megan said...

I love stroganoff! (you must say it like Ivana Humpalot from Austin Powers...) Weeth heayvy Rrrussian accent! In fact, I worked with a Russian woman at CHANEL who whould constantly say..."Ooooh, I need a diet Caaahhhk!?(coke)" I would always snicker...probably because I'm the only one who had a dirty mind...but seriously, I'm NOT, am I? I totally LOVE this recipe blog guys! Nati YOU ROCK! I made chicken cordon bleu last night and it was a total hit! Get it from your mom, because I was totally doing it from memory...(that's how many times I've made it...I don't even know where the card is?!)

Megan said...

Hey! I made it...and it was delicious! Yep! Last night...that's what we had! Everyone liked it including Matthew...the difficult one. I wish we had leftovers because I'd like some right now...but no...we ate it all!