Monday, September 15, 2008

Taco Casserole

This used to be one of my favorite meals when I was a little girl. I made it the other night, and Cameron and Reagan loved it! It's hard to find something they like, let alone that they BOTH like! It's one of those quick and fast meals too.
Happy Cooking!



Ingredients:

1 lb hamburger
2 c. chopped lettuce
1 pkg. Taco seasoning mix
3/4 c. water
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 can refried beans
1 c. grated cheese
1 Tbsp. green chilies
Sliced olives
Salsa
Sour Cream
Tomatoes
Tortilla Chips

Directions:

Fry hamburger with onion. Drain grease, then add Taco Seasoning and water. Simmer for 5 mins. Lightly grease 2 quart casserole dish. Spread refried beans on the bottom of dish. Sprinkle with chilies, top with meat and cover with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
To serve top each serving with chopped lettuce, tomatoes, olives, sour cream, salsa and crushed tortilla chips.

2 comments:

The Zieglers said...

This recipe sounds fantastic! I am going to have to make it!

Megan said...

Yay!!! Hooray! three cheers for no more maci cheese!Although...I make a mean homemade version!!! lol! Ok...I think I have this one already and it's typed, BY YOU on a cute little pink index card I'm sure on a typewriter...WOW! How long did that take?? I was trying to explain typing to J and M and they just have no clue?!...you have to post the Chicken Cordon Bleu (sp)...I have that too...it's everyone's requested birthday meal...I'll be making it on Thursday when Kirk turns 36 (wow...is he old or what???)And I lost the Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe from you guys...AND ok...I'll stop now...