Friday, September 19, 2008

Taco Soup

Apparently my family really likes Mexican food! I didn't realize I was posting so many Mexican type dishes on here. I'll try and find some others! I got this recipe from my friend Amy, who got it from a Weight Watcher's Recipe book. Funny Huh? This is one of my family's favorite meals during the winter. I seem to make soup a lot when it's cold outside. :) It is probably the easiest thing I make too, and it is really good!


Ingredients:

1 lb of ground beef
1 pkg Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix
1 pkg Taco Seasoning
1 can pinto beans
1 can chili hot beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can stewed tomatoes Mexican flavored
1 can stewed tomatoes Any flavor ( I usually just buy the "regular" flavor)

Directions:

Cook Hamburger and drain grease. In a crock pot pour Pinto beans, chili beans, corn, and stewed tomatoes. Do not drain any of them. Next add hamburger into the crock pot. Stir mixture together. Add Ranch Dressing Mix and Taco Seasoning. Mix in well. Simmer for about an hour on low/med heat.

Serve with Sour Cream, Cheese, and Fritos, or Corn Chips on top.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Well both your parents are 1/2 Mexican right? La La La La La LaBennion! This sounds good!

The Zieglers said...

I'm going to have to try this soup! I too love to make soup in the winter which in Pinedale lasts about 9 months....no kidding!!