Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Taylor's Chicken

Healthy, and my family actually liked it! Natalee...I think you and I once hated cilantro together for life, but it was really good in this recipe!
From Taylor, my personal trainer extraordinaire! ~Meg

Note: This only serves two, so I double it for us.

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
1 sliced green onion
1 tablespoon sliced almonds
1 teaspoon diced cilantro


Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and sear for three minutes per side. Add orange juice concentrate, soy sauce, and ginger, stirring to mix. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Before serving, top with green onion, almonds, and cilantro.

Per serving: 179 calories, 25 g protein, 7 g carbohydrates, 5 g fat
Suggestion: serve with brown rice and broccoli…or other fresh green vegetable.

No comments: