Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lasagna

I made Lasagna last Saturday because we were asked to feed the missionaries, but they called and canceled. So I froze it and made it for dinner on Monday. Since Monday Chris has asked to have Lasagna for dinner every night!! I guess he liked it? However the kids hated it. They whine and cry when he says can we have Lasagna tonight again. So it wasn't necessarily a hit with my kids, but I liked it when I was little? I guess pleasing 1 out of 3 isn't too bad.


Ingredients:

1lb. hamburger
"dash" of Tabasco sauce
2 bay leaves
1 tsp. salt
1 qt. tomatoes with juice
1/4 c. water
16oz. can of tomato sauce
8-10 oz. lasagna noodles
1 large carton cottage cheese
12 oz. mozzarella cheese
8 oz. cheddar cheese
1/4 c. Parmesan cheese

Directions:

Brown hamburger with chopped onion. Add Tabasco sauce, tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, salt and bay leaves. Let simmer for 1 hour. In a 9/14 pan put 1/4 c. sauce on the bottom, then layer uncooked noodles, half cottage cheese, grated mozzarella & cheddar cheese. Repeat all layers, and add sauce on top. Top with more cheese and Parmesan. Cover with foil. Bake 375 for 1 hour. Let stand 20 min. before cutting into squares. Beware of overflow in your oven. Should serve 12-16 people.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Kirk loves this too! I make it with 1/2 sausage and 1/2 hamburger.Joey likes it as well, but Mattie still doesn't like 'red sauce'...even though he'll eat spaghettio's ew!?!