Sunday, September 21, 2008

German Pancake

My kids love this for breakfast…and its SO EASY. I got this from Heather.

6 Eggs
1 C Milk
½ tsp Salt
1 C Flour
¼ C Butter (½ stick)

Place ½ stick of butter in 9X13 inch glass pan. Place in cool oven, and turn the temp to 425...while butter is melting, combine eggs, milk salt and flour. Blend (mixture will be lumpy). When butter is melted, and bubbling,(and be careful to watch the butter…I’ve burned mine so many times and had to start over…) pour batter into hot pan. Bake for 8-10 minutes at 425. You’ll know it’s done when the edges are brown. It completely fluffs up on all sides. It’s usually very buttery, but you can always add MORE!?! Joey and Matt like their slices with powdered sugar. My mom likes hers with powdered sugar and fresh lemon. I like mine plain with salt. Kirk likes his with syrup. So…there ya go! Options!

1 comment:

The Zieglers said...

My friend always talks about making german pancakes.....I will have to try these! I am really lazy these days and have been enjoying the pancakes from the spray can!!