Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Broccoli Cheese Soup

Thanks Natalee for letting me contribute recipes to your blog! This recipe, that I got from my mom, is a HUGE family favorite that my kids request all the time.....and it has broccoli in it......and they actually eat it!!


Broccoli Cheese Soup

2 tbsp butter
3/4 c. chopped onion
1 tsp chopped garlic
6 c. chicken broth
8 oz dry fine egg noodles
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 pkg frozen broccoli
6 c milk
1 lb Velveeta cheese cubed

Saute onion and garlic in butter. Add chicken broth and heat to boiling. Gradually add noodles and salt so broth continues to boil. Cook uncovered 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli and cook 4 more minutes. Reduce heat and add cheese, milk and pepper. Continue cooking until cheese melts. Stir constantly on medium heat so that you don't scorch your milk and cheese. This is a thin soup, sometimes I will mix a little cornstarch and water and add it at the end to thicken it up a little!


We usually serve this with a fresh green salad and homemade rolls.....ok frozen Rhodes rolls! YUM!

1 comment:

Natalee said...

Oh I'm so excited to get all your recipies! :) I am more then HAPPY to let you contribute. :) I'm gonna try the Broccoli Soup! Sounds YUMMY!