Saturday, September 20, 2008

Sticky Chicken

Seriously...this will be a family favorite!

Note: this sounds so gross…but it is really yummy. I am not a fan of “sweet and sour” but I find this a good alternative.

Dip 6 chicken breasts in 2 beaten eggs. Shake with flour. Brown in oil…(not until done, just browned). Sprinkle with garlic salt.

Arrange in pan and cover with a sauce of…(yep this is the gross part) but try it, you’ll die!

2T soy sauce
1T red wine vinegar
1 ½ C sugar
½ C pineapple juice (I just open a can of pineapple, use 1/2 c of the juice and then serve the pineapple as a side)
6T catsup


Cover and bake at 350 for 45 min. The sugar is not healthy, but I serve it with brown rice, and broccoli. A little bit of the sauce goes a long way for taste, and anyway, I think you’ll like it!

4 comments:

Natalee said...

I'm making this for dinner tonight! It sounds interesting. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Natalee said...

I made this for dinner tonight, broccoli and brown rice included! It was so good! I will totally make it again! Thanks Meg!

Megan said...

Really? That's great!! My kids hate the brown rice...but I had to do a switcharoo on everyone...I still haven't converted myself to whole wheat pasta tho...ugh...brown rice is bad enough! But I'm glad you liked it!!

Bethany said...

Danna just told me about your little recipe blog. I didn't even know you guys had one. I wanna be in the cool-kid club too :( Anyway, I'm definitely going to make this recipe, Meg. I love sweet and sour stuff...that sauce sounded way yummy to me. You had me all scared that it was going to be weird. I'm gonna make it and I'll let you know how it turns out.