Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I know you could probably dedicate an entire blog to recipes for Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I have two that I really like, so I'm gonna put them on here. The first recipe was by request. Here ya go Meg. :) My Mom made these all while I was growing up and I STILL love them. I love them right out of the oven, and I love them frozen too. I don't know why, I just do. So here is my Mom's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Ingredients:

1 C. shortening (I like just the regular shortening, but you could use the butter flavored as well)
1/2 C. sugar
2 eggs
1 C. brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 C. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
1/2 C. walnuts
1 pkg Chocolate Chips

Directions:

Cream together shortening, sugar, (white and brown) eggs, and vanilla. Then add dry ingredients. Beat well and add walnuts and chocolate chips. Roll into balls or drop onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes depending upon your oven. :)


OK this second recipe has a funny story to it. This recipe is my husband's ex-wife Shannon's recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookies. This was a sore spot in our marriage for a little while because he likes these better then my mom's cookies. Since Shannon and I have slowly become pretty good "friends", it's now OK that he requests that I make these cookies instead now. Despite the dumb story that accompanies it, they are pretty good cookies.

Ingredients:
1 c. butter - put in microwave to soften for 20-25 seconds.
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla
1 c. peanut butter
3 c. flour
1 tsp. salt
1 teaspoon baking soda

Directions:

Mix butter, sugar, eggs vanilla and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in dry ingredients with a fork. Add Chocolate Chips (we like the Gharadeli brand of chocolate chips in these cookies.) Drop onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 7 minutes.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Thanks Nati Patti...wow...even if that's the best recipe EVA...you are too cool for my school!Excellent story, and I will tell it every time I make it! If Chris likes it, it must be super good! I can't wait to make my favorite tho'...'your mom's cookies' tomorrow....You guys rock! I read off all the recipes to Kirk and we are both drooling with anticipation! ;-) XOXO Meg

The Zieglers said...

Your moms cookie's sound yummy! I printed the recipe and added it to my cook book!